Sunday, January 20, 2019

The Greatest Gift: A Review

The Greatest Gift by Philip Van Doren Stern is the heartwarming story that became the Christmas Classic It’s a Wonderful Life.

I have enjoyed watching It’s a Wonderful Life many times over the last 40 years, but never before did I read the story that inspired the movie until my wife bought me this book as a gift for Christmas last year and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.

On the night before Christmas, a mysterious stranger saves George Bailey from a moment of despair by giving him a precious opportunity to understand the difference that his unassuming life makes to those around him and to the world.
If you have not watched the movie, which is available on DVD or read this book, I recommend you do both. It is good to be reminded that our lives do make a difference to people, that we were put in this world to make a difference to others. This 20th century parable reminds us of that.




No comments:

Post a Comment