Monday, June 3, 2019

For The Least Of These: A Review

Nathan Brown gets the title of his book from Matthew 25 in the New King James Version. The scripture says, “for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked  and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.”

Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, “Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give you drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?” And the King will answer and say to them, “Assuredly, I say to you inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to me.”

There are 13 chapters in this book, and it can be used as a companion study book to use along with the Adult Bible Study Guides which will be used in churches around the world beginning in July. This book stresses the truth that God wants Christians to help people in need. Nathan Brown is careful to point out that the good practical help that we are called upon to do for others is not the means or cause for our salvation. No, these good works are about how saved people live.

For more information about this book and to read the first chapter for free on line please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment